Friday, January 22, 2010

January - Chocolate Raspberry Kiss Martini

Emtifah here -

I tend to go for the Latin Liquours - rum, tequilla, passionfruit liquour.  But for January I decided to take on the martini.  But being a girly girl - I wanted a flavored martini - not the classic.

So I found a recipe for a Chocolate Covered Cherry Martini.  This sounded really delish because I was in a chocolate and cherry combo mood.  Problem was it required chocolate vodka, cherry vodka, and creme de cacao - 3 liquors I did not have.  However - I did have Godiva liquer, Raspberry liquer, and vodka.  I also had a jar of chocolate raspberry syrup that I had bought on my summer trip in Maine.  Hence the birth of the Chocolate Raspberry Kiss Martini.



Ingredients:
1 cup ice cubes
1 shot Godiva/chocolate liquer
1 shot Raspberry liquer
2 shots Vodka
2 Tbsp/1 shot Half-and-Half (fat free works fine)
Dash Chocolate/Chocolate-Raspberry Syrup

Instructions:
Combine all ingredients in a drink shaker.  Place cover on shaker and then shake about 15-20 seconds.  Strain into martini glasses and serve.

If you want to make the drink super fancy - you could rim the sides of the glasses with cocoa powder or a red violet sugar.  You could also garnish with chocolate shavings, hershey kisses, raspberries, or even chocolate covered raspberries. 

This is a really strong drink- and it goes really far.  About 2/3rds of this recipe filled up a martini glass.  But it's incredibly yummy. 

If you are on Weight Watchers this recipe counts for about 10 points for a full serving.

No comments:

Post a Comment